We are pleased to be members of SARMA, the South African Ready-mix Association. As an indication of our quality assurance standards, our concrete plants have been audited and fully accredited by SARMA.
SARMA is an acronym for the Southern African Ready-mix Association.
This national body represents all the reputable ready-mix companies, and is also responsible for promoting the Ready-mix industry and establishing ready-mix as the preferred construction material.
In brief, SARMA’s purpose is to set standard and guidelines with regard to environmental, safety and quality issues. To be a member of SARMA these stringent policies must be met and adhered to. In addition, members are regularly audited against standards, which have been put in place.
“To make ready-mix concrete the construction material of choice”
- To represent the interests of the industry
- To promote the use of ready-mix concrete
- To act as a forum for members
Sarma aims to achieve the following objectives on an ongoing basis:
- To advance industry technology through research and participation.
- To encourage the development of industry standards that promotes the use of ready-mix concrete.
- To disseminate information on current and prospective uses of ready-mix concrete to members.
- To interact with authorities, suppliers, customers, specifiers and regulators to make them aware of the products.
- To make ready-mix concrete the construction material of choice.
SARMA QUALITY CHECKS
The manufacture of high quality concrete at the proper consistency is a process that requires the right mix proportions of quality materials. To achieve this, the batching plants have to be of a specific standard and regularly maintained.
All SARMA members are subject to plant audits in order to ensure compliance with the SARMA Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Standards. These audits are based on SANS 878, ISO 9001-2000 quality management system, OHSAS 18001-safety management and the ISO 14000 environment management system.
By contacting a SARMA member you can be assured that you are dealing with a credible ready-mix concrete supplier.
- To ensure Sarma success and longevity, it is necessary to focus on areas of importance.
- To increase the quality standards of Sarma members and so establish ready-mix concrete as the preferred construction material.
Sarma has produced various brochures that are on the website for the use by members when tendering for work.